Our windows are some of the best rated and easiest to install home windows on the market today.
Home Windows in Huntersville – The windows on a home are important in several ways. Not only are they an important aesthetic feature on the outside of a home, but they also serve multiple purposes on the inside of a living space. Home windows are more than just beautiful; they also offer protection, security, and improve the energy efficiency of a home from top to bottom.
At G&S Contracting, we know you rely on your home windows, maybe even more than you think about on a day-to-day basis. That’s why it’s so important to have great windows installed in every room of your home to ensure that you are getting the most from these important additions. When you work with us to upgrade your home windows, you’ll find that we are knowledgeable about the best products on the market today and can secure your home with the proper installation.
Home windows can feature a wide variety of options and specifications depending on your location, the manufacturer, and the business you use to shop for windows. Two types of certifications exist to help you understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of the various market offerings.
Turn to Us for Window Replacement for Your Home
There are many reasons why you might be considering new windows as a home improvement project for your home. At G&S Contracting, Inc. we serve Huntersville, North Carolina and surrounding areas with a variety of home improvement services, including new home windows, no-clog gutters, vinyl siding, entry door systems and other home doors, screen rooms, porch enclosures, and sunrooms.
One of the things that we understand about making the decision about window replacement is that you need a return on your investment. While it isn’t the same as hoping for an interest rate on a savings account, hitting a certain profit margin on an income-producing property or business, or making a killing in the stock market, there are significant benefits that you can achieve by asking us about window installation services that make it a great investment. Here are some of the benefits that you can experience with window replacement:
- Improve Home Security: Old windows can represent the weakest part of your home’s defense, especially if they are thin glass with subpar locking mechanisms. Your window replacement can include stronger glass, as well as high-quality locks.
- Improve Home Safety: The most common problem with old wooden windows is that they have been scraped and painted so much that sometimes they can no longer open. In fact, you may have some that are painted shut completely. This is not a safe idea as your family cannot open and exit through these windows in the case of a fire. You could try to break them instead, but that could cause a nasty cut.
- Improve Indoor Air Quality: Each time you open a door, some air in your home gets replaced, so there isn’t any danger of running out of oxygen. However, that doesn’t mean that being able to open your windows on a nice day isn’t mentally refreshing. Everyone loves fresh air! If you have windows that don’t open for one reason or another, replacement windows can resolve that. In addition, if you want to control dust and allergens, it can be a good investment to replace windows that are not sealed well.
- Improve Comfort: Sitting next to a window with a draft in the winter or with hot sun pouring in during the summer isn’t particularly comfortable. With today’s windows, drafts are virtually eliminated, and they are better able to control heat transfer when you go with double-pane or triple-pane replacement windows.
- Improve Energy Efficiency: Not only do replacement windows make your home more comfortable, but you’ll also see a difference on your energy bills. In fact, the savings could be significant easily helping you recoup your investment in just a few years.
- Improve Home Value: Most home improvements increase home value, and replacement windows are no different. According to a 2020 Cost vs. Value Report, window replacement with vinyl can be recouped at 72.3%. Since the remaining percentage can be covered by lower energy bills, it is easy to see why window replacement has a great return on investment. Your home could also sell more quickly because its improved curb appeal can result in more requests to tour the home.
- Reduce Noise: Upgrading to dual-pane or triple-pane windows blocks more than just heat and cold. It also cuts down on outdoor noises, including traffic noises, lawnmowers, and more.
- Ease of Maintenance: If you are tired of repainting and otherwise maintaining your windows, you are going to love having new windows that are very low-maintenance. Tilt-in windows are an excellent option, especially for upper levels, so that you don’t need a ladder to clean the outside. Windows with blinds between the glass are another great option if you hate dusting blinds.
If you live in any of our service areas, which include Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, Mooresville, and Lake Norman, and would like a quote for window replacement, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
- Federal Energy Star certification is a national program that determines which windows and doors meet certain specifications for different climate regions in the United States. By understanding your region and the certification levels of the home windows you’re considering, you can tell which has a higher rating and will more effectively help your home maintain a constant temperature. These windows must eliminate draftiness, resist condensation, and diminish sound transmission.
- The NFRC, or National Fenestration Rating Council, is a group that provides unbiased ratings of home windows and doors on their energy performance, much like the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) does for fuel economy on vehicles. This group provides data that helps consumers, retailers, and contractors know how much heat can be lost in the window, how much solar radiation is admitted during summer, how much light comes through the window, and how much air may leak or infiltrate through the window. When looking for windows, the higher visible transmittance numbers are preferred, with lower numbers preferred in all other categories.
You’ll likely notice a difference in your home right away with newly installed windows, and you’ll also enjoy the energy savings that come with these high-quality features. Furthermore, upgrading to a high-quality product gives you the opportunity to choose how you want to use your windows to enhance the quality and design style of your home. Just make sure to work with us at G&S Contracting so you can rest easy that you have a team that knows exactly how to get you the best results.
Our windows are some of the best rated and easiest to install home windows on the market today. Because of their exceptional quality and function, our team at G&S Contracting, Inc. is proud to work with these windows for all of our clients in Huntersville, North Carolina area. Give us a call today!