By keeping debris out of your Huntersville, NC gutters in the first place, you ensure that your gutters will never clog again.
Gutters in Huntersville – Gutters are an essential component of any home’s protection against the elements. In areas with large numbers of deciduous or pine trees, the potential for these leaves or needles to travel from tree to roof to gutters to downspout may cause the gutters to clog or overflow during periods of intense rain, storms, or wind. The risk from clogged gutters might seem low under most circumstances, but homeowners who’ve faced these issues before can tell you that it’s not laughing matter. Overflowing or clogged gutters can cause leaks at multiple points in the drainage system, from the downspout to the gutter drop, along the box, and can even cause water to back up under the roof line and into your attic.
Water damage from problems with gutters is easily avoided with the Leaf Solution gutter guard. The innovative design, stainless steel construction, and ability to be integrated with your existing gutters mean that it takes less time and effort to install the guards. By providing only enough space for water to enter the gutters, you cause leaves and other debris to be washed or blown right over top of the gutters and off of the roof.
Keep Your Gutters in Good Shape with These Tips
To keep your gutters in good shape, follow these guidelines:
- Trim trees and bushes regularly so leaves and branches do not fall directly into your gutters.
- Plan on cleaning out your gutters at least twice a year to remove debris.
- If critters or birds have made a home for themselves in your gutters, plan on cleaning them as soon as possible.
- When you clean your gutters, watch for signs of leaks or other problems.
- Make sure your gutters are securely attached to your home and repair loose or sagging gutters as-needed.
- Clean your downspouts regularly so water has somewhere to go after making its way through your gutters.
By keeping debris out of the gutters in the first place, you ensure that your Huntersville, NC gutters will never clog again! In the unlikely event that debris becomes caught near or on top of the guard, it can be easily removed from the surface. To learn more about the amazing Leaf Solution gutters, call us at G&S Contracting, Inc. today!