Decorating Ideas to Winterize Sunrooms
Sunrooms in North Carolina – Are you lucky enough to have a sunroom in your home? If so, did you enjoy it during summer? Did you fill the space with cool greens and blues and sunny yellows of the season? Do you now want to decorate it for fall and winter? Although sunrooms are primarily designed for year-round living or for use in the summer, there are ways to warm them up as the cooler weather approaches.
And, the good news is that these few home improvement decorating ideas are both affordable and simple:
- To winterize sunrooms, you don’t have to use warm colors. Instead, go for a white palette to bring the outdoors in – to reflect the glistening snow and winter sun. To add extra light, don’t cover up the windows. You can hide any shades or blinds with a minimal covering like a valance. A white palette is an especially good choice for smaller sunrooms because it makes them look open and bright.
- If you think white is too stark, you can punch the color up by adding a touch of Mexico or Morocco. Natural medium-toned woods mixed with gold, rust and red patterns on rugs and pillows provide the ideal foil for bright walls.
- A chunky jute and wool rug will add extra warmth and texture to your sunroom.
- Glass or fabric shades will keep the light soft and warm, while a chandelier will add charm to any sunroom space.
- Rattan furniture is not just for summer sunrooms. Bring on the pillows and cushions in shades of hunter green, cranberry and red for the cold months. For a final touch, add a thick area rug in matching tones.
Don’t have a sunroom yet? No problem! Contact us at G&S Contracting in Mooresville, North Carolina, and we can design and install one for you.
For more information on sunrooms, contact us today!
At G&S Contracting, Inc. we offer the highest quality Sunrooms to our customers in North Carolina including: Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Charlotte, Mooresville, and Lake Norman, North Carolina.