As a responsible homeowner, you do everything you can to make sure that your home is well-maintained in order to keep its value and comfort levels. This includes routine maintenance items such as new paint, roof repair or replacement, and checking for cracked siding, gaps around doors or windows or places where air can enter or escape your home. One of the worst offenders for energy loss is found in the state of your windows. If you find that your windows are inefficient or outdated, you may be in need of new window installation.
If you are uncertain as to whether another layer of weather stripping would fix the problem, or whether you actually need to pursue new window installation, here are a few key signs that can help you decide:
- Broken Windows—This includes everything from having cracked glass and rotting wood to broken window locks. If your windows are broken, window installation may be more cost-effective than paying for window repair.
- High Maintenance—Windows that are drafty, require you to plastic wrap them each winter, require a new paint job yearly, or are painted shut are windows that need to be replaced. Choosing window installation now can save you the time, effort and loads of money that you would otherwise spend on a yearly basis.
- Improperly Installed Windows—If your windows were not put in correctly the first time, it can lead to windows that are difficult to open or close or allow air to enter or escape your home. If they simply don’t look right, chances are that you need window installation.
- High Energy Bills—When your windows are old, allowing air and water to enter from the outside, it causes your heating and air conditioning bills to increase. Want to stop some of your hard-earned money from literally going “out the window,” get window installation.
- Appearance—If your current windows are outdated, ugly or simply do not contribute to the look of your home, you may want to consider new window installation.
If you notice any of these signs that you may need window installation, come to us at G & S Contracting, Inc. We are experts at all types of window installation and carry many different kinds of windows for you to choose from. We can install everything from bay and garden windows to double hung windows. Call on us today.